Development and achievements
In cooperation with experts from the country and from abroad, we developed a new energy system for drying products, which uses alternative energy sources, beside the conventional ones.
Conventional energy sources applied:
- Petrol products, fuel oil etc.
- Natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas etc.
- Coal, wood, pellets, brickets, bio-mass etc.
- Electric power
Alternative energy sources applied:
- Energy of waste air coming out of drying process, without mixing with fresh air entering the drying facility – heat exchange
- Solar energy, solar collectors
- Environmental energy
The system dries the products with the abovementioned energy sources on temperatures up to 85°C.
Hot water energy source is, generally, dislocated from the drying facility. One hot water energy source may supply one or more drying facilities.
The drying facilities include two chambers: energy chamber and operating chamber in which the products to be dried are put. Installed in the energy chamber is the equipment for drying, except the boilers which are installed in the boiler room. Dosing of energy required for drying is continuous. Parameters of drying are maintained electronically, or through microprocessor, with minimal deviations from set values. The drying parameters, temperature, humidity and airflow are maintained at a programmed value, according to the established technology for drying certain product. Programming of parameters of drying, when required, may be divided in temperature phases of drying, or automatically (including all temperature phases).
Products dried in drying facilities with this energy system:
- Forest food: mushrooms, strawberries, etc.
- Spices and vegetables: parsley, celery, pepper, asparagus, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, peas, onion, spinach, etc..
- Fruits: apples, pears, grapes, plums,etc.
- Medicinal herbs: mint, chamomile, marsmallow, thyme, etc.
- Grains: corn, soy, wheat, etc.
- Tobacco: Virginia etc.
When it comes to products to be dried, the dryers are divided in three basic groups:
- for drying forest food, spices and vegetables, fruits, medicinal herbs of smaller capacity.
- for grains
- for tobacco and medicinal herbs of bigger capacity.